Terms of Service for Bella Organizing LLC dba Girl With A Truck™
There are precautions we must take on any job. If you know of or suspect infectious conditions, dangerous chemicals, mold, insects, rodents, and such in your home, garage, basement, etc. please let us know at the time of booking. We do not accept jobs and hoarding projects in which infectious diseases or toxic substances of any kind (such as COVID-19, BLACK MOLD, ASBESTOS, and RODENT FECES) are known or suspected. THIS IS A SERIOUS HAZARD. PLEASE LET US KNOW IMMEDIATELY.
Booking Policy – Projects may require a retainer fee. Minimum hours and travel fees may apply, all of which will be discussed in advance and noted in your emailed appointment confirmation.
Team Appointments (team sessions of 2 or more Organizers):
- Appointments require a 48-hour cancellation notice by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. With a 48-hour notice there is no cancellation fee unless otherwise noted in your retainer/deposit agreement or emailed appointment confirmation as fully or partially non-refundable.
- Under 48 hours notice = Cancellation fee is $150 or Deposit/Retainer fee, whichever is larger.
- Cancellation fees may not be credited toward another appointment, project, hauling, nor supplies.
One-on-one appointments with Isabella Guajardo
- Appointments require a 24-hour cancellation notice by email to email@example.com or customer forfeits the full-value session rate and/or Deposit/Retainer Fee, whichever is larger.
Payment is immediately due upon completion of services for the day – Business invoicing is available upon pre-approval only; please request an application. There is a $34 returned check fee. A minimum 2% of total monthly fee will apply for late payments.
Methods of Payment Accepted
- Local checks, and payment via Quickpay with Zelle are preferred (some banks may have a daily transfer minimum). Local checks are accepted with valid Identification.
- Credit and debit cards are accepted with a 3.5% handling fee (for example, $3.50 for every $100).
- Bella Organizing gift cards never expire and are non-refundable.
Payment Mailing Address (for pre-approved invoicing only): Bella Organizing – P.O. Box 18832, Oakland, CA 94619
Home Organizing and Residential/Office Moving
During a consultation and planning session, we work together to review and plan a project. A consultation can take two or more hours depending on the size of the home or office and your unique needs. Scheduled time with Isabella Guajardo (one-on-one) including consultations, personal organizing, packing or unpacking sessions as well as independent off and on-site time for home organizing/redesign/move planning, processing consultation notes, redesign sketches, and/or overseeing moving and storage projects is available by appointment and fee-based or as noted in your emailed appointment confirmation.
There may be an hourly per person daily minimum based on your San Francisco Bay Area location. Projects lasting 4-8 hours in one day include one or two 10 to 15-minute rest breaks. You are not billed for meal/lunch breaks (30+ minutes).
Extreme Conditions Surcharge – There is a $25 per hour & up surcharge for extreme conditions. PLEASE LET US KNOW ABOUT KNOWN OR SUSPECTED EXTREME SITUATIONS IMMEDIATELY UPON BOOKING, such as hoarding, asbestos, mold, rotting food, and/or feces, as we will need to refer you to a company that specializes in cleaning these environments.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE IF UPON ARRIVING AT YOUR HOME WE FIND A SITUATION DEEMED TO BE POTENTIALLY HARMFUL TO OUR STAFF OR FOR ANY REASON AT ALL.
Moving Day Assistance Services
Hauling services are for donate-able small household goods in good condition only such as clothing, shoes, books, dishes. Fees are per vehicle when multiple loads are required. We do not haul trash, recycling, loose dirt, yard or construction debris, toxic/hazardous waste (including household paints,) illegal items, large appliances such as refrigerators, stoves, washers, dryers, or furniture. There may be a few other things not noted here, so please let us know if you have a questionable item, and we can help find an appropriate hauler. We reserve the right to refuse hauling services for any reason. In this case, we can refer you to a local licensed hauling company.
Bella Organizing | Girl With A Truck™ does not provide transportation for your moving or storage project, nor do we load furniture onto moving trucks, pods, or carry packed boxes or furniture up or down flights of stairs. For loading and delivery of your household goods & furniture or items to be hauled to/from a public or private storage unit, we will gladly provide referrals for a moving or delivery company.
When downsizing, the customer is the sole decision-maker as to what is kept and discarded. We do not itemize or provide a list of things that we haul away, nor can items be returned once hauled away. Be sure to review items in the vehicle prior to haul away. We do not provide donation receipts. Our goal is to get the items reused and recycled; the dump is the last resort. If you have more than we can haul, we can help to schedule an alternate company with a larger truck upon request.
Sorry, NO PASSENGERS ALLOWED.
Personal Shopping & Organizing Supply Pick-Up & Delivery Services
At times clients need personal shopping services for organizing materials or other supplies. Items are seasonal and their prices vary. It is important to us that you are happy with them. Items are non-returnable and non-refundable once we leave for the day. Please review the organizing supplies that have been used and your invoice for anything you may decide not to purchase before we leave for the day. Personal Shopping & Delivery Rates = $125 per hour (includes time, gas, and toll when applicable).
“PACKING & UNPACKING” SERVICES DO NOT INCLUDE SORTING, DECLUTTERING, OR ORGANIZING UNLESS YOU HAVE SPECIFICALLY SCHEDULED A COMBINATION DECLUTTER & PACK OR UNPACK & ORGANIZE SESSION AS NOTED IN YOUR EMAIL CONFIRMATION.
Your valuables matter to us. If you have items that require crating, please let us know while booking and we will help to provide a referral for the job. We do not provide packing services for items that require more than cardboard box packaging (such as stained-glass windows and doors, large Tiffany lamps, sensitive and high-value artwork, etc. which often require crating or special materials/handling).
Parking – We carpool, when possible, but often need to arrive from different locations in our own cars. Please let us know if you have free on-site guest parking available, particularly in neighborhoods with limited parking hours or that require paid meter or garage parking. Time required for difficult parking situations and time to move vehicles in a 2-hour parking zone, for example, is included as scheduled time with you. A parking surcharge of up to $35 per car will be added to your bill when the only available parking within two short blocks of your location is paid meter or fee-based garage parking.
BELLA ORGANIZING OFFERS PACKING/UNPACKING/ORGANIZING PROJECTS BY THE HOUR ONLY. IT IS COMMON FOR PEOPLE TO ASSUME THAT EVERYTHING THEY WANT DURING A HOME ORGANIZING, PACKING, AND/OR UNPACKING PROJECT CAN BE TAKEN CARE OF IN ONE DAY OR ONE SESSION. IN MOST CASES IT CAN TAKE SEVERAL SESSIONS TO SORT THROUGH AND ORGANIZE YEARS OR DECADES OF CLUTTER BUILD-UP. YOUR PROJECT MAY REQUIRE ONE OR MORE FOLLOW-UP SESSIONS PER ROOM, PARTICULARLY FOR GARAGES, PAPERWORK ORGANIZING, ROOMS IN WHICH SEVERAL BOXES NEED TO BE OPENED AND SORTED THROUGH, EXTREME HOARDING CONDITIONS AND FULL HOME AND INVENTORY PROJECTS. FLAT QUOTES FOR SERVICES ARE GENERALLY NOT PROVIDED UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED IN YOUR EMAILED APPOINTMENT CONFIRMATION.
Safety – Professional organizers work in dusty environments all the time, so it is common for us to wear masks and gloves during a project. For safety purposes, we cannot work without shoes. We wear shoe covers in most cases but may need to remove them when walking up and down stairs or in other potentially hazardous situations while carrying items so that we can see where we are going and avoid slipping and falling.
Dependent on state and county COVID-19 shelter orders, there may be times when we are unable to work directly with customers, need to keep a minimum of 6’ distance, and/or can only work in environments in which everyone is wearing protective face coverings.
When you, friends, or family helps to lift and move things around during a session, you are all at risk of physical injury. The Bella Organizing | Girl With A Truck Team™ is faster and most productive when you allow us to do the job for you.
If you have pets or small mobile children, please place them in a safe and securely enclosed area other than where we are working. WE LOVE KIDS AND ANIMALS BUT ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR RUNAWAY CHILDREN AND PETS THROUGH OPEN DOORS, WINDOWS, OR GATES NOR ACCIDENTALLY STEPPING ON PETS OR CHILDREN THAT RUN UNDER OUR FEET WHILE WE ARE WORKING. BARKING PETS DISTRACT FROM THE WORK WE ARE DOING AND PETS THAT JUMP ON US CAUSE SOMEONE TO TRIP AND FALL. PLEASE HELP MAINTAIN A SAFE WORKING ENVIRONMENT FOR ALL.
We will gladly dust and clean your items in preparation for packing when it is scheduled into our appointment time. It must be requested during booking so we can plan for the extra time. We do not provide time or cost estimates for these extra services, it is by the hour only. Please be aware that cleaning while packing always requires extra time for which you will be billed; it can easily take packing TWICE AS LONG.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR BROKEN OR DAMAGED PROPERTY ONCE IT IS PACKED AND TRANSPORTED SINCE WE WILL NOT BE IN CHARGE OF THE ENTIRE PROCESS OF YOUR MOVE OR REMODEL INCLUDING LOADING, TRANSPORTING AND UNLOADING YOUR BOXES. Please note that many companies have this same policy when they are not in control of how items are taken care of by the various companies involved in the project. It is highly recommended that you have your moving company pack and insure high value items. We do not pack extremely fragile items or anything $500 fair market value or higher; please set aside and inform us of these items in writing (in a reply to this email) during booking and when we arrive.
General Handling Policy
WE DO NOT PROVIDE FULL VALUE REPLACEMENT INSURANCE. We take pride in how we handle your belongings and do so with great care. Basic handling coverage is provided while Bella Organizing | Girl With A Truck services are performed. In the event of damage or breakage to property while we are handling or around it, individual items will be covered at 60 cents per pound per article to a maximum of 100 lbs. For example, a 100lb television is covered to a maximum of $60 (100 lbs. x 60 cents per lb.) Claims requests must be made in writing to Bella Organizing within 48 hours of the incident, and the damaged item(s) with original packaging intact must be present. Please contact your moving company for items that are damaged while under their care and handling.
Photos & Video: Photos and videos are taken during moving, organizing, and other projects, and may be kept for archival records and/or used for our portfolio, website, social media, brochures, and other marketing purposes.
We perform light cleaning around areas being organized unless you request deep cleaning during booking. For general home organizing sessions, please have basic supplies ready and available: rags, all-purpose or specialty cleaners you prefer for specific surfaces, a broom, mop, dustpan, vacuum cleaner, and trash bags large and small.
What Information Do We Collect and How Is This Information Used?
1. We may receive and store information that you voluntarily submit through the Website for the purpose of subscribing to receive newsletters or for the purpose of leaving comments on blog posts. Examples of information collected for this purpose are your name, email address and website URL. This information is only captured when you voluntarily enter or opt-in and enter this information for collection.
2. We may receive and store certain types of usage-related information when you interact with the Website, including but not limited to, your computer’s IP address and browser information. The information we collect is used to customize the content and/or layout of our page for each individual visitor.
4. The Website uses Google Analytics to track statistics regarding our audience and Website traffic. No personally identifiable information is transferred from the Website to Google Analytics.
5. This Website engages in sponsored campaigns with various influencer networks, brands, and agencies. All sponsored content is duly disclosed in accordance with the FTC’s requirements. From time to time, these sponsored campaigns utilize tracking pixels (aka web beacons), which may contain cookies to collect data regarding usage and audience. This information is collected by the sponsoring company to track the results of the campaign. No personally identifiable information collected by the Website is used in conjunction with these tracking pixels.
7. Bella Organizing LLC dba Girl With A Truck™ is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. As part of this Amazon Associates program, the Website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
Third-Party Use of Personal Information
Will We Share the Personal Information It Collects?
We will not sell, distribute, or reveal users’ email addresses or other personal information without their consent. This does not include third-party partners, such as those listed above.
Modification or Deletion of Personal Information
You can decline to submit personal information at any time. If you decline, we may not be able to continue to provide service to you. You may request deletion of your personal information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, but in some cases, we may be required to keep your information by law. In such a case, it would no longer be active and would be kept separately in an archive.