Bella Organizing is in search of a friendly and high-energy individual to join our professional home organizing and move management team.
Job Title: Organizing Assistant
Location: Greater San Francisco Bay Area – we have hundreds of clients annually in all nine San Francisco Bay Area counties to the Monterey Peninsula, with occasional overnight projects out of the area.
As an organizing assistant you will be working with a lead organizer to implement design plans on a highly time-managed deadline. The organizing assistant is a self-starter who is reliable, responsible, and thrives on taking on multiple projects each week with little to no direction.
Projects require continuous light physical work, friendly and professional communication, high analytical, visual, and creativity skills. The ideal candidate will be available for a flexible schedule generally between the hours of 9am-8pm (weekdays and some weekends required). This is a part-time employee position with opportunity for additional hours and growth. A typical daily project can be 3-8 hours, and the average daily work session is 5-6 hours. Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs and work throughout the day wearing a face covering and/or other safety gear when and as required by Alameda County COVID-19 regulations and Bella Organizing protocol.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Assist in the creation and implementation of professionally organized residential and commercial spaces. Our client base is built on referrals and the work we do is high quality, so attention to detail is high priority.
- Participate in executing the project from start to finish including on-site assistance with sorting, cleaning, organizing, labeling, packing, unpacking, and the various detailed activities that make homes and offices functional and beautiful.
- Research organizing products and handle supplies and donations.
- There is an opportunity to participate in Bella Organizing blogging and social media campaigns, and various administrative tasks.
- Receive training within and outside the company to include attending workshops, conferences, and online training.
- Be able to meet the physical demands of the job, including the ability to lift and carry up to 35 pounds.
- Reliable vehicle with a clean driving record (projects are in different locations around the greater San Francisco Bay Area each day).
- Ability to pass a drug test.
- Strong organizational skills and comfort producing detailed work on a deadline.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a high level of customer service; clear and concise speaking and writing ability.
- Basic computer literacy in one or more programs within Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite. Ability to type 55-75 WPM a plus.
- The ability to work independently and with a team to reach time-sensitive deadlines each day.
One or more of the following- Professional organizing, interior design, interior decorating, project management, project coordination, personal assistant, client relationships, visual merchandising, an equivalent or unique combination of any listed.
Ability to plan, organize, and maintain control of a situation on one’s own. Ability to deal with ambiguous or conflicting priorities or information with grace; ability to positively influence people; verbal comprehension; problem solving; aesthetic judgment.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying to our Organizing Assistant position, please email your resume and three employment references to firstname.lastname@example.org along with before and after photos of one or more rooms and small areas within a room – such as a drawer, closet, shelf or cabinet space – that you have personally recently organized (it can be your own space). Application Deadline: On or before May 15, 2021 (we appreciate early applications)
Mark Your Calendar! If you have questions about the position, please call (510) 229-7321 at one of the following dates/times (no appointment necessary – telephone calls only, no emails accepted.)
Monday, May 5 1-2pm
Wednesday, May 7 1-2pm
Monday, May 12 1-2pm
Wednesday, May 14 1-2pm
:: Job inquiry calls are not accepted at any other dates or times ::
Updated May 1, 2021.